Until his retirement in mid-2012, Johan Raslan was the Executive
Chairman of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Malaysia. He has 30 years
experience in audit and business advisory in Malaysia and the United
Kingdom, and has a keen interest in the areas of corporate governance,
corporate reporting and sustainability.
Johan Raslan began his career in London where he spent 10 years working with
Messrs Robson Rhodes and Price Waterhouse (PW). In 1992, Johan joined
PW (later PwC) Malaysia, and was admitted as a Partner in 1993. Among
his early achievements was to form and lead the firm’s Financial Services
specialist arm. Johan is a member of the Institute of Chartered
Accountants in England and Wales and is an Eisenhower Fellow.
Johan Raslan assisted the Securities Commission Malaysia with the roll-out of
the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance. He was a member of the
SC’s Corporate Governance Consultative Committee. He was also a
member of Bank Negara Malaysia’s Financial Stability Executive
Committee, established under the Central Bank of Malaysia Act 2009.
Johan is a past:
- Member of the International Advisory Panel of the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority
- Board member and Audit Committee chairman of Putrajaya Corporation
- Board member of the Retirement Fund Incorporated (KWAP)
- Chairman of the Institute of Corporate Responsibility Malaysia
- Chairman of the Financial Reporting Foundation, Malaysia
- President of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants