Iclif’s Corporate Governance programs focuses on roles, responsibilities and key issues faced by the board in the areas of corporate governance, risk management, strategy, financial reporting and stakeholder management.
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DIRECTORS EDUCATION (FIDE)
Iclif, in collaboration with Bank Negara Malaysia and Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia developed FIDE to develop high impact boards in financial institutions.
The program focuses on enhancing the knowledge and expertise of directors. It is designed to be highly interactive to allow directors to immerse themselves in the case studies, role plays and simulations based on real issues faced by boards today.
The program emphasizes learning from the best, where directors have the opportunity to engage with international thought leaders in the field of corporate governance, risk management and other areas.
At the end of the 2 modules, participants will be able to:
- Clearly understand the role of the board and the fiduciary responsibilities of individual directors to stakeholders including depositors.
- Develop heightened awareness of the changing legal, regulatory and business environment, and reflect on its immediate and long-term implications for board practices.
- Assume more active roles in articulating a dynamic vision for the institution, establishing a strong ethical culture and promoting a right balance between risk control and entrepreneurship.
- Design and evaluate appropriate organisational structures for stronger risk management.
- Understand the key issues in financial reporting and help to ensure the integrity of financial reports.
- Appreciate how they can better contribute towards the overall effectiveness of boards and committees.